October 19, 2010

All thing crafty!



I have been in a mode lately. My husband would tell you that when I am in a mode I am so focused that on that subject that I am not distracted by anything.  Well lately I have been in a crafting mode.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all things craft.  I could blog hop all day looking at people's craftiness and get nothing done.  (I have been guilty of this lately.)  Now let me make a disclaimer here; I am not the creative type to usually come up with something myself, but I am a darn good copier.  I love seeing what other people create and try to re-create it myself.

 My favorite craft is scrapbooking.  I am a huge scrapbooker.  I started when I was pregnant with my daughter.  I just wanted to capture and remember every moment of her life.  Well she is two and a half and I have kept up pretty well with the moments of her life.  I am on the 6th album of her short little life so far.  Yeah, I know, six.  But these are moments that I want to remember forever and ever.  For generations to come.  It's pretty easy to keep up with her life.  But she is only one child. I don't know if I will still be able to keep up with more kids, but I will try my hardest.  For our family scrapbook, I have been using Becky Higgins Project Life.  It's a picture a day concept that captures your life and family.  I love it.  I love all thing Becky Higgins.  It's easy to keep up with your year.  I have kept up all year so far.  It's October.  I have even impressed myself. 

Here are a few of my latest creations in scrapbooking:


My newest crafty creations have been making hairbows.  I love have a little girl to dress up, and I love putting hairbows in her hair.  But have you seen the prices of hairbows these days.  Yikes.  There are some super cute ones out there but they run from $15-$30.  So I decided to search the internet on how to make your own hairbows and I ran into a super cute store called The Ribbon Retreat.  It's all things hairbows.  Here are a few pics of my very first creations in the hairbow world.



Cute huh?  I think so.  They are so fun to make.  I can only pray for God to give us another little girl so we can play dress up. 

Here is a few pics of my craft room.  It's actually a craft/play room.  One half of the room is Alexis' toys and the other half is my toys.  It's kind of a mess right now, because like I said, I've been in a mode.  No time to clean up. 



One last thing for today. Here is a pic of my next creation. 




Can you guess what it's going to be?  I will let you know soon.  Thanks for crafting with me today.  Have a great one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment